From the smallest office, to furnishing a whole school, our experienced team can discuss the ideas you have and translate those into a design that suits your space and budget. Our Furniture Consultants speak to schools every day all over the country, so understand the unique challenges they face when it comes to space, budget and logistics.
1. Initial Project Planning
• Design meetings
• Co-ordination meetings
• Design development (room by room layouts 1:50)
• Design development (fixed furniture sections and detailed design)
• 3D room visualisation of typical key areas
2. Scheme Development
• Drawings approval
• Programme – main contract
• All trades co-ordination
• Undertake audit of existing legacy FF&E
• Integrate where suitable transfer legacy FF&E into the scheme proposal
3. Final Design
• Detailed design development (room by room layouts 1:50)
• Detailed design development (fixed furniture sections, room elevations)
• Agree colour schemes/materials
• Equipment specification and loadings
• Prepare room data sheets
• Develop procurement strategy
• Source and procure samples or prototypes
• Prepare then analyse tenders and quotations
• Update budget
• Site management/meetings/co-ordination
• Programme reviews
5. Delivery and Installation
• Liaise with main contractor regarding sequencing and phasing of installation
• Co-ordination all supply chain suppliers for deliveries to site in line with above
• H&S method statements, risk assessments for loose installation
• Receipt, quality audit and quantity check all loose FF&E supply
• Manage distribution of all loose FF&E item throughout the building
• On site supervision of loose furniture installation (allowance of 4 weeks)
• Waste disposal management
• Final audit
6. Post completion
• Post delivery and installation check
• Post completion review
• O & M Manuals review
• As built drawings and room by room schedule
• Final audit
FF&E Major Projects Consultant
Head of FF&E Design
FF&E Design Consultant
Harriet Newman FF&E Design Consultant
Who we've worked with
We are more than just FF&E consultancy.
We are over 90 years of experience in educational furniture, with a global supply reach and our own fleet of delivery vehicles and drivers.
We offer a truly end to end service, with an experienced team here to help you fully deliver a vision of a school that goes beyond aesthetics and builds the foundation for an optimal educational experience.
Our collaborative approach ensures that each project stays bespoke, with us having full control of the design.
We work at BIM Level 2 standard to create a schedule and product book that will give you room by room layouts, fixed furniture sections and detailed 2D and 3D room visuals, ensuring a thorough and immersive experience.
We understand the wide scope of needs and challenges faced by educational establishments, so can translate briefs into winning tenders with ease.
Having relationships with, and access to suppliers all over the world means we can also pinpoint the exact piece of loose or fitted furniture that fulfils a specialist need, there is no limit to our buying power
Remove, repurpose, recycle.
We can undertake an audit of existing furniture, fittings, and equipment, giving you a breakdown of what may be viable to integrate into the new scheme, saving money as well as resources. Where this is not appropriate, we have schemes in place to either repurpose via charitable organisations, or we can fully recycle legacy furniture.
We are proud of the work we do and love helping schools transform their space. Below you’ll find a selection of jobs we’ve worked on; some are refurbishments of existing areas, whilst others are furnishing brand new builds. If you have a furniture project on the horizon and would like our help, then please do get in touch. You can fill in the contact form, or call 01869 320320 to arrange an informal chat.