What Is BESA?
The British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA) is a trade association. Trade associations are organisations which represent a particular industry, but do not supply products themselves. They promote and provide information about their member companies and are a good source of information and advice about their respective industries. BESA has over 300 members which include manufacturers and distributors of equipment, materials, books, consumables, furniture, technology, ICT hardware and digital content - all to the education market. BESA members supply to UK and international markets, across the curriculum and at all levels from early years to FE and vocational training. The total turnover of BESA members is in excess of £1.8 billion.
The BESA Code of Conduct
The BESA Code of Practice is in place to ensure that buyers of educational and training equipment can have confidence in the goods and services they purchase from our members. It allows BESA to promote our members as organisations which give the customer an established level of quality and service, have a commitment to the education market, and delivering good value resources. It is important you ensure your company can comply fully with the code before making an application to join the Association.
- Our products are of a proper quality, safe and suitable for educational use
- Our products comply with current British safety regulations. Except where toxic and hazardous substances are required to achieve the purpose of the product, then all products will be marked with full safety instructions or symbols
- Our products and services are fairly and properly described in catalogues and advertising materials
- Where advisory or consultancy services are offered they will be performed with reasonable care and skill
- We value our customers and promise a high standard of customer service and deal promptly with any complaints
- We carry public liability insurance at a level appropriate to the range and value of our products and services
- Agreement to abide by this code of practice is a requirement for membership of the British Educational Suppliers Association.
To find out more about BESA click here to visit their website.